When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'61 Deluxe model?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hammerhead

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I picked this up a few weeks ago. All disassembled. And stripped the rest of the paint. I may leave it polished metal. Not totally sure though. Thoughts?
IMG_20181230_151329850.jpg

IMG_20190115_220812501.jpg

IMG_20190118_214044701.jpg

Hammerhead

Thank you. Started with a brass wire wheel on an electric drill, then hand sanded with 150 wet sand, then 220 wet sand. Dry rubbed with fine scotch Brite pad. Final step was Mother's chrome polish with one of those cones on the drill. I think it could polish better if I wet sanded more with the 220, then maybe some 400.
Hammerhead

Painted the fork today. Foot + of snow forcast for tomorrow so.... Inside stuff for a few days. Other than snow removal.
IMG_20190119_182715826.jpg

Hammerhead

OMG!!! All that work polishing up the frame and you used a solid color paint! I would have gone with a translucent (candy) Blue paint so the metal underneath would make it pop. ;)

Thank you for the comments
OMG!!! All that work polishing up the frame and you used a solid color paint! I would have gone with a translucent (candy) Blue paint so the metal underneath would make it pop. ;)
I'm going to redo the fork. It was very rusted in some spots so tried the candy over white primer. Close but I guess more sanding and polishing on the fork.
Hammerhead

I've seen a couple stripped and cleaned up frames where the owners clear coated them, but never seen or tried to candy over the raw tubes. If the frame was cleaned up really good I'd think a candy coat with be BAD verses a clear coat.

Back