When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Typhoon question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes
https://bikehistory.org/catalogs/1962.html

s-l1600.jpg

We’re all 1962 typhoons straight bar?

The 62 Typhoon was a twin straight bar, not to be confused with an actual straight bar. The first built 1963 model year Typhoons would have a November or December 1962 serial number so you may come across a Cantilever Typhoon with a late 62 serial number.

Last edited:
The 62 Tornado was a twin straight bar, not to be confused with an actual straight bar. The first built 1963 model year Tornados would have a November or December 1962 serial number so you may come across a Cantilever Tornado with a late 62 serial number.
I think he meant Typhoon

Yes on the original question but as GTs58 wrote, the early 63s would probably have the cantilever style frame. I dont know. Schwinn did use the double straight bar frame for other middleweight models in ‘61. I’ve seen ‘61 Tornados,Skippers and Flying Stars with that frame. A member here.has examples and posted pics of his Skippers and Tornados. The ones I saw in person were summer or later ‘61. I have 2 ‘62 Typhoons both are from ‘62. I seem to remember the Typhoon being a very late ‘61 or January ‘62 introduction. Whats your serial number?

Last edited:
The 62 Typhoon was a twin straight bar, not to be confused with an actual straight bar. The first built 1963 model year Typhoons would have a November or December 1962 serial number so you may come across a Cantilever Typhoon with a late 62 serial number.
Thanks so much

Back