When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 American Deluxe - Reflector

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pedalpower17

Finally riding a big boys bike
Details! Does anyone know the make and model of the rear reflector installed on the fenders of 63 American Deluxe (mine is brilliant blue, built in Sept '62)?

On both my 62 and 63 Americans the reflector is the 1 3/4" Stimsonite 10 SAE B-62. Your Deluxe would have had the chrome base between the fender and the reflector. The color in Schwinn world is Radiant Blue.

Attachments

• P1010054.jpg
    P1010054.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 61
Much appreciated, Schwinnbikebobb. I'll start looking today. BTW, your his-and-hers pair made my wife envious....I suppose I'll have to pick up a girls version!

Last edited:
Thanks! They are a good looking pair. On your search be aware that middleweight bases are not the same as lightweight ones. They look very similar and it's hard to tell by looking. Best bet is to make sure it came off a middleweight. Lightweight ones seem much more common.

Attachments

• P1010031.jpg
    P1010031.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 44
The lightweight ones will have a much more pronounced concave to them because of the much narrower fenders. I have what I believe to be a middleweight reflector and base but it's 2 1/4". What would this size have come on?

Yesterday I purchased one that was advertised on Ebay as a middleweight. We'll see when it arrives..... BTW, were those springer forks on your bikes available for the American from factory?

Sounds good on the base! That looks like the correct one. The springers were a $6.75 (in 63) factory option on certain models including the Deluxe Americans.

Jason: The bigger ones I believe were from the later year bikes. Might have been a goverment safety thing but I'm just guessing on that.

Yesterday I purchased one that was advertised on Ebay as a middleweight. We'll see when it arrives..... BTW, were those springer forks on your bikes available for the American from factory?

My 1972 Typhoon came with the vary large style rear reflector housing.
DSC01407.JPG
Jeff

Sure enough, the Ebay purchase described as "middleweight" turned out to not fit on my Deluxe fender. If anyone out there has one for sale, 1.75" diameter, let me know...

Back