When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Continental Sport Tourist

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Premo example!
Is the pivot bolt on the rear derailleur to tight?
I don't know what's going on with it, I'm taking it to a friend next week. I can rebuild Coaster brakes all day long, but derailleurs are complicated to me. He's gonna adjust everything and true the wheels so I can ride this beautiful machine!

It's just a hex socket and a nut on the back. I've had a few where someone cranked these up real tight for some reason, but it just takes a little knuckle busting.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Yeah, gonna get that sucker loose in the am. Thanks a bunch. Was wandering why the shifter would barely move.

These are a little tricky to adjust.
You want the body to be able to pivot freely, but you don't want any side to side slop. As with most bearings, it usually takes me several tries to get this adjustment just right(Edit: or at least as good as it can be. Depending on wear, sometimes you can't get it "just right".).

Back