When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64-65 Girls Spaceliner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi Sherrill & Texas Dart

Hi Sherrill...$300.00 for a girls Spaceliner is pretty much full retail, and remember there are Spaceliners & Deluxe Spaceliners.
Girls Standard Spaceliners came with the teal frames & white tank, no horn & no springer. The Deluxe came with Chrome Frames, Teal tank & Rack, and the "Rat Trap" springer.
Mens were the same issue only Red in place of the Teal.
An Excellent Mens Deluxe Spaceliner can go for as much as $500.00. Selling price with all bikes is whatever the market warrents.
This past fall I found a Deluxe Mens Spaceliner in better than average shape in a barn 7 miles from my house. The Lady sold it to me for $50.00, now that is a very cheap price. As it appears in the attached pictures below it is easily worth $200.00. I will of course restore it completely.
Texas Dart, Yes, I did paint the plastic using aluminum paint. It is not quite as nice as brand new chrome, but is is way better than aged peeling chrome....
PS Sherrill...Thanks for the compliment on the bike.........................Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_1980.JPG
    IMG_1980.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1981.JPG
    IMG_1981.JPG
    402.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1982.JPG
    IMG_1982.JPG
    364.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1983.JPG
    IMG_1983.JPG
    298.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1984.JPG
    IMG_1984.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1986.JPG
    IMG_1986.JPG
    328.5 KB · Views: 53
killer chrome

Try THIS STUFF. It's a metal deposition spray, not a paint, and it's the best I've found for home use and is far superior to silver or chrome paint IF it's applied correctly. I wasted almost a full can before I became proficient at it. The trick is the proper high gloss black base coat, as recommended, followed by VERY light successive coats of chrome. If you spray the chrome heavy enough to get the surface wet, then you've blown it and end up with a finish that looks like regular silver/chrome paint rather than real chrome. The following is a decent example, but not my best (but it's the only one I have before and after photos for).

BEFORE

View attachment 82909

AFTER

View attachment 82910

I have tried this killer chrome and as you said brent, the application takes some practice, which I haven't mastered yet, to get it right. The videos make it seem so simple....kind a like the DIY shows, showing how easy it is to tear a wall down to make more space.....lol.
At $48 or so a can, there isn't much room for error. But, I hear it works once you get the application down.
By the way my application came out looking like silver paint. My application of the High gloss black must have been the turning point of the dissapointing result. Pratice makes perfect but, at a cost.

Back