When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'64 Columbia Fire Bolt; Rat Rod

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Superman1984

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I bought @jimbo53 's 1964 Columbia Fire Bolt he built as this pretty cool Rat:cool:

I took "the creature" for a Good mile ride this mornin' & it rides pretty nice once I lowered the seat a hair closer to low rider status.

I intend to make a few little changes here & there but Nothing too drastic or undo able;
1st I think a Monarch dog leg is in order as it'll fit the patina on the peppered chrome & of course the oL'School Kool look

2nd Since it's a Columbia I think the Columbia Superb White Wall tires I have will look at home once I dirty them & give'em a little patina

#3 L.E.D conversion to the existing head light & maybe 2 mini L.E.D 100 lumen flashlights in a Bug eye fashion for the tank for night cruises & since they're damn near impossible to find

#4 Stop Brake light

#5 I have some ideas I want to try with an oL'aged piece of Copper sheeting I pulled off a house for inserts between the rack & tank; #'64, Columbia Script & or a finalized name.

Debating some Black Light or Green L.E.D glow with some other ideas but not too sure how everything will tie in together 'til I start making it happen.

I had a '64 Ford Fairlane 500 so I'm kinda thinkin' Fairlane might be a fitting name since that year they removed the fins & it too was Originally Red/Burgundy.

Moarrr pics with Every Little Change Comin' Soon!

Any ideas & criticisms Welcome ....

I don’t need to tell you to post more pics as you personalize it. That is the fun part...Making it “yours”!

Got the tires on & semi adjusted at about 40-44 psi before the rain started. Not a lot of clearance/wiggle room. Jim said he caught hell & I can see why even more so with the way these tires are designed & still have the nipples on them.

I am kinda on the fence about using coffee/tea grounds & or coffee bean acrylic paint to stain'em. Has anyone here done it? The white pins & Columbia script are still pretty white in person so if you guys have an opinion toss it out for me.
Tires are kinda dirty from handling & sitting in the garage but I didn't feel up to makin' anymore of a mess in there to clean or stain'em. Haven't felt great lately; damn joints & hip pain :rolleyes:

I am planning to use a key chain 8 ball to the kickstand as a foot to keep it up right better to lessen lean or see if I can make an OCC Stingray dual leg stand clear & Not lift it so high.

Playing with this idea; the front fender will be the easiest but Schwinn box store Delmar/Windwood etc balloon fenders - sanding, polishing & will maybe add some hot rod striping or go with a Shelby Red/White tip scheme. I know it's not finished but any opinions ?

Ok so both modern day Schwinn balloon box store fenders are pretty much mocked up; I had to use what I have on hand for braces (front wald) & (rear ebay universal) & Nothing is 100% adjusted & Modified to the extent of final.

What does Anyone & Everyone feel or think about it?

I am Diggin' It & seein' the potential Even Moarrr!

Hell Jus' mocking up & centering the wheel I have more wiggle room side to side every where but the tight curve of the U bends. I may even be able to remedy that pinch area by notching the fenders there as the edges are are pretty heavily rolled & with some actual vintage braces with a little dremel action I should be able to pull them down for an All Around White Wall Tuck.

Back