When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'64 Columbia Fire Bolt; Rat Rod

-
I like the light in the front, but IMHO the one in the back looks too big. Have a great day and enjoy yourself!
I kinda think so too 50/50 but part of me for Sure wants the Brake light large enough to be seen & I can Always do my headlight ideas with red l.e.ds & a design. Secrets out it will be this image painted on but red l.e.ds scattered to look like it's been shot

I Love the creepy crazy look of it & my idea may jus' be crazy enough to freak people out .... I don't know?

I'm with Ian, the rear light seems to big. I have purchased new LED bike lights hat were considerably smaller then the traditional size. I understand if you are trying to work with what you have. Give it a shot what is the worse thing that could happen you need to change it?

I'm with Ian, the rear light seems to big. I have purchased new LED bike lights hat were considerably smaller then the traditional size. I understand if you are trying to work with what you have. Give it a shot what is the worse thing that could happen you need to change it?
I agree. Worse case I can always remove it & go a different route. I have thought about motorcycle mini l.e.d bullet brake lights. They're considerably smaller but meant to be plenty bright on 12v so 2 or 3) 18650 batteries or even 2) 26650s
Both batteries are 3.7-4.2v @ 3,000 - 3,500mah

Reactions: ian
Did Anyone Notice I'm TANKLESS? LOL. I have Never seen 1 of these frames with a full length tank sooo I am playing with that idea in sheet metal or maybe even something similar to the 1/2 tanks like the Fire Arrow ....

Did Anyone Notice I'm TANKLESS? LOL. I have Never seen 1 of these frames with a full length tank sooo I am playing with that idea in sheet metal or maybe even something similar to the 1/2 tanks like the Fire Arrow ....
Would the headlight be built-in?

Would the headlight be built-in?
I am thinking of a way to work on that possibility but with something bug eyes on the side ;) I want to stay as far away from getting into fiberglass etc as possible though so I am taking my time with cutting & forming the metal tank from a wood shape that almost fits inside the frame space. I will of course have to make a left & right.

It won't wrap around the neck but it will be like the late '49 style tanks on the Superbs .... I am guessing

Last edited:
Have you checked out Ratrodbikes.com?
Yeah I'm a member but haven't been on it in a while. kingfish254 told me I should join in a build off there. I found this site kinda through his Rockafella Basman build. That bike turned me on to true vintages & customs with these ideas I share or come up with

Back