When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Huffy Silver Jet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I posted this a couple of weeks ago but, wanted to make sure there was an easy access to the view of the bike.
I purchased this 1964 Huffy Silver Jet locally and it is in amazing great shape.
My intentions were to get it for the dual switch panel for one of my Eldorados.
Mail the much needed rear rack assembly to a member that has been looking for one for ever.
Then realized this bike was just too nice to part out. (I complain about this part out practice all the time.) But, after some soul searching I decided to make all three of us happy.
I am selling the bike to a new member here and then selling the much elusive rear rack to my friend.

I have attached some pics of the Original Bike here as well as a few other places here on the Cabe.

But I wanted to make sure that those that are into finding one of these that they knew that the rear fender has a rear rack pedestal that is imperative for the installation of the rack that comes with the bike from the start.
Buying a Silver Jet may be difficult as these are pretty rare but, be sure that when one does find one to be sure that it has the original rear fender.

So here is the bike in all its glory as I found it. Note the bike has not been cleaned but it is in amazing condition....what I would rate as a 8 or 9 out of 10.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

tebubemy-1.jpg

jetu3e3y-1.jpg

bavuvu9u-1.jpg

dejuby4u-1.jpg

4e7ygure-1.jpg

Here the rear fender top mounted rear rack pedestal I waz talking about.

8e7a2aba-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Adam, it's a shame I'm not keeping it

Hey Stephen...your mailbox is full.

No I am keeping them. Was planing on installing them on the wifes bike. She says it will hold her White Russian drink and she can still use her tanklight....got to love her thinking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Also interesting, I didn't know Maxell made batteries! Always think of blank tapes in the 80s with that name.

Wow, you should have kept that for parts on your new Silver Jet.

Wow, you should have kept that for parts on your new Silver Jet.

I know Gary, but, sometimes friends need them more than I do.
Besides the mens model I just bought, is pretty close to complete.
I too, will soon have my signature indicating I need a rear rack tail light assembly. Guess I'll be on the search for years as classicfan1 has been.
But it was a pleasure to find the great shape ladies model and then turning it over to two members.
Tis the season for giving, right?

PS...I still need your paypal acct info to pay you.

And Dougfisk, thanks for offering to help as well.
I love it when members ask for help here and there are a number of you that are willing to.

The 64 mens replacement arrived yesterday

A member (GTs58) , picked this up for me and had it packed and shipped to my house. Without the help of fellow members some bikes just can't be had.

The mens bike is is fair shape but, nothing like the ladies (beginning of this thread), I sold to a fellow member.
Here is what it looked like last night when I unpacked it. Reassembled pics to follow.

Oh and it was disappointing to see that the rear fender stay was rusted off. Anyone got a replacement fender with the rear rack bracket?

jype4u7u-1.jpg

5a5a9avy-1.jpg

8uqy7u7y-1.jpg

8utu8uny-1.jpg

ubara6e7-1.jpg

ezevaja7-1.jpg

pegevypa-1.jpg

5avy5e5y-1.jpg

5yduve9y-1.jpg

rabajube-1.jpg

Last edited:
JD,

Nice Silverjet. That seat looks like its in real nice shape.
I was wondering if you were planning to send the rack, tank and chain guard out to get them restored? If so, wondered if you had anybody in mind that can match that original metallic red color and redo the stripes and lettering.

Back