When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 stingray 3 speed shifter?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ODDER

Finally riding a big boys bike
Does anyone have a picture of the correct thumb shifter for a 65 stingray 3 speed. I see several varieties for sale online but would like to get one as close to correct as I can. I have the cable (thanks Rob) and clamps, roller, and chain pull.
just need a proper shifter.

Does anyone have a picture of the correct thumb shifter for a 65 stingray 3 speed. I see several varieties for sale online but would like to get one as close to correct as I can. I have the cable (thanks Rob) and clamps, roller, and chain pull.
just need a proper shifter.
Enclosed id a photo of an actual 1965 Schwinn Sturmey Archer 3 speed shifter kit that was used on the 3 speed Stingray.

The shifter itself was used many years and not just by Schwinn.

A lot of British bikes used the same shifter and it will be more reasonable if you don't ask for one for a Stingray. Once it is out of the bag there are no Schwinn part numbers.
Hope this helps
Rob

You should be able to get a really nice one from a girls lightweight 3 speed even into the 1970s. If you dont find one I may have a couple parts bikes that would have a nicer one.

Back