When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Stingray 3-speed !

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I would keep the guard customization on the bike, it's now part of the bike's history. In fact, I would not be in a real hurry to replace any parts either. If the grips and lever covers are glitter blue and just dirty I would use some mean green and soft brush to clean them. A set of nice white chubbies will set you back at least $25. The reflector pedals will work, and not being in a hurry to find correct replacements could translate into saving a substantial amount of $$$. I was shocked at how much a high loop Person's sissy bar goes for now, even the re-pops are pricey! I would find a later 28" sissy bar, or even re-use the one it came with. This Stingray will clean up nicely, I've seen worse chrome parts look great after some cleaning. Be sure to post up some after pics when you have re-habbed this jewel! Enjoy!

I would keep the guard customization on the bike, it's now part of the bike's history. In fact, I would not be in a real hurry to replace any parts either. If the grips and lever covers are glitter blue and just dirty I would use some mean green and soft brush to clean them. A set of nice white chubbies will set you back at least $25. The reflector pedals will work, and not being in a hurry to find correct replacements could translate into saving a substantial amount of $$$. I was shocked at how much a high loop Person's sissy bar goes for now, even the re-pops are pricey! I would find a later 28" sissy bar, or even re-use the one it came with. This Stingray will clean up nicely, I've seen worse chrome parts look great after some cleaning. Be sure to post up some after pics when you have re-habbed this jewel! Enjoy!

I think your are correct, I will clean it up make sure everything works, speedo needs a drive rebuild. Look for any schwinn sissy 65-70. And ride it. The stuff will turn up in the Chicagoland area if I want it!!

Those 65 high loops are running 225-300 right now for a nice original one and that yellow oval slik is on Ebay right now for 820 BIN or best offer. Sometimes it's just better to settle with what you have and get a part or 2 over time especially if it's a rider, like spitshineschwinn said jumping on some of these parts will set you back big money.

All that Glitter.
It took me many years to acquire all these Glitter seats and the cool Schwinn seat advertisement showing various glitter samples.
Makes for a colorful display.

666BACD8-6A8B-43C9-8C52-A968D0671CA2.jpeg

28F05253-ED99-4602-8B21-03C8867B3F1C.jpeg

8CD559F7-D814-4885-8D39-1DFF743173C5.jpeg

63FE78B3-CEFC-4A0D-9E95-7798F9DA77E2.jpeg

Most of us younger guys will never even see some of those seats go up for sale, that's a lot of money and nice seats right there.

Back