When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Western Flyer Raleigh made 3 speed roadster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jimbo53

I live for the CABE
A friend was gifted this from a local bike shop that didn’t want anything to do with old Brit roadsters. I showed him how to do some basic maintenance and he’s riding it all the time with a big grin on his face. His new aluminum Trek hybrid 18 speed with disc brakes is sitting in his garage. Another convert to the dark side!

8596C92E-4619-4DE4-B22E-2E071A04EA7B.jpeg

37305E9F-CD69-49D9-9BB6-84247D1FD5CB.jpeg

3C0C848C-D7C5-4369-BA07-23D368C1545E.jpeg

Western Auto must have imported a lot of English bikes over the years, I've seen "Western Flyer" badged Norman and Hercules bikes from the '50's and then Raleighs from the '60's. I'm guessing the basic maintenance included the clean-up? You've got that bike looking nice!

Last edited:
Some people have all the luck. A Brooks saddle and he'll really be set to go. Also I would add a rear brake, IMHO those hub brakes are best used as a back up, an emergency brake

Some people have all the luck. A Brooks saddle and he'll really be set to go. Also I would add a rear brake, IMHO those hub brakes are best used as a back up, an emergency brake
Depends. My wife used one for years, but, at 115 lbs, she didn’t challenge it much. Me, at 210, not such a good idea.

That bike just needs better pedals and a 21 tooth rear sprocket, with a new chain, to be ready for the Lake Pepin Tour. Yea, the Brooks would be a great idea, too.

Nice find.

Ted

Back