When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-68 24" Spaceliner 46962

-

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Just picked this up. Of course been painted silver (silver paint is just as good as chrome or so everybody seemed to think back then) so I hope the chrome underneath the paint is good. Faded top of tank kind of bothers me. Not sure how far I will go with detailing of it. Will be cool sitting beside my 26" one. Any body have a paint match for the tank and front fork bottoms? Will be interested to see what the inside of the tank looks like (horn and light). Original Allstate tires.

001.JPG

Ut oh schwinnbikebob! :p Looks like a really decent survivor. I'm one that prefers a nice metallic Silver verses chrome on a frame.

Don't worry GT I don't wander off the Schwinn reservation that much but I do like these Spaceliner bikes. Certainly not enough to become schwinnliner bike bob though. Silver Mist is one of my favorites, a classy look but not a fan of using silver paint to cover what was originally chrome.

Thanks!! I like it! Jpromo helped me with the paint match of Dupli-color Torreador Red and it matched his painted frame Spaceliner beautifully. But maybe I put too many coats on as I thought it seemed too dark on mine. I went with Dupli-Color Inferno Red and was careful with the amount of coats. Used Duplicolor silver under. Both of these colors blushed badly with too heavy of a coat. Also humidity above 40% also could have caused it.

Back