When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66 Schwinn Twinn build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Decided the front fender was way too far from the wheel. Had to do a little "fab" work. Which consisted of adding a small extender at the top & shortening the fender brackets. I put the brackets in the vice & just flattened them an inch further up than they were, drilled a new hole & cut the old hole off. As I'm just about to drill all the way through the second hole the drill caught & literally twisted the bracket around the drill bit TWICE & also put a nice kink in it. & don;t forget these were already painted in that granite finish. I thought for sure it was toast. I uncurled it from the drill & pounded it back flat & was actually able to salvage it & no one will be able to tell. Pheww, that was a close one. Last picture is the bracket that got twisted around the drill
DSCN0328.JPG
DSCN0348.JPG
DSCN0330.JPG
DSCN0350.JPG
DSCN0327.JPG
DSCN0349.JPG
DSCN0352.JPG

I also had to pound in a section of the rear fender where the chain goes by it since I moved the stock fender that already had that. Came out a lot better than I thought it would. Just opened the vice up to the width I wanted the gap & set the fender over it. Then I covered it with a piece of cloth so I didn't mess up the paint too bad when I hammered it. (this is why they do all the fitting FIRST when building a custom car...lol)
DSCN0336.JPG
DSCN0337.JPG
DSCN0338.JPG
DSCN0339.JPG

The little details
DSCN0340.JPG
DSCN0341.JPG

Also ran into another snag. The stem wasn't long enough to get the springer bracket over it & still have room to get the top nut on. So I ground the lip of the top nut off & turned it upside down. Luckily the springer bracket hole was big enough to allow the tapered part of the nut to fit inside it & still go over the threads. I was only able to get half the threads on but it's good enough for what I'm doing
DSCN0344.JPG
DSCN0345.JPG
DSCN0346.JPG
DSCN0354.JPG

Finally got the handle bar spacer I was waiting for so I could get the front bars painted & mounted. Just have the rear fender & tray to install. Should be all done by tomorrow. I also noticed the rear goose neck has a bend in it. You can see the rear bars sag to the right in the head on picture
DSCN0355.JPG
DSCN0356.JPG

It's a little tweaked, probably normal fatigue from the rear rider pedaling, right foot down stroke and left arm pulling up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it aint one thing it's another. I went to put the chain guard on & realized I put the stupid front sprocket on backwards. I have it offsetting outward instead of inward. :( It just time I guess

Assembly gods are watching and your Karma will kick in if you're not living right! Make sure when you assemble the kickstand it folds down and not up![emoji23]

Got the rear rack baskets on & ordered the seats yesterday. As soon as they get here it'll be done. I was going to do the rear rack in white but decided to go with gray at the last minute.
DSCN0397.JPG
DSCN0398.JPG
DSCN0399.JPG
49854__58096.1403885407.1280.1280.jpg

Drill out the post? I've been wondering if dry ice might be able to shrink it enough to remove? I also have a stuck one i might try it on?

Drill out the post? I've been wondering if dry ice might be able to shrink it enough to remove? I also have a stuck one i might try it on?
Yea, I ended up drilling it out with a 13/16ths bit I had to buy. Not sure if the dry ice would do the trick or not

Back