When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Stingray barn find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Let me guess….he is single
Or wears the pants? I love "old school logic and phrases in this "politically correct" wussfest we live in now!! I'm not a chauvinist but when I see the ( any type) discrimination reversed and unbalanced I shake my head on all of life's antics. Sugar coat everything, noone fails, turn your head it will all go away? Kaos is a word that comes to mind.

OK....he could be the nicest guy in the world but that's hoarding and especially with all the duplication. Sure it's his 'right' to collect and buy whatever he wants. But in the hobby, somebody like that keeps others from owning and finding stuff. However, if he's willing to sell or help other collectors, that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Local guy here had 15 Covairs. I was working with a teenager that wanted to restore one. We walked up to his door and politely asked if he might consider selling one. Ran us off, told us he was going to restore them all. Fast fwd 15yrs....he put up a fence around them so as not to be visible from the road, they rotted more to the ground, he died and they were hauled away. Who won in that scenario....the guy who 'possessed' the 15 Covairs, or the family members that had to dispose of 15 rotting covairs?

Just an opinion, YMMV.

Kevin

I'm sure glad you edited your post and deleted all the BS. 👍

Last time I checked it was still a free world to do as you wanted within all the laws of the land. Being a "hoarder" is legal and ones right. Tasteful, well, that's a matter of opinion. To boast or "rub others noses" in a desirable accumulation of something others wish to own/consider "valuable" is rather selfish and generally has repercussions of some sort.

Letting history rot when it could be appreciated or shared in it's current state or restored for others to enjoy is the owners choice and should be respected, not necessarily admired. You wouldn't have to look far within the Cabe ( or any material collection of human "wants") to see "hoards" of guilty parties doing the same thing. There is a big difference between what we want and what we need. Lets keep this fun and not label eccentric people negatively where many of us fall into that pair of shoes with a perfect fit. Jealously and resentment will eat your grits. Just my opinion.

Back