When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Stingray barn find

-
The shifter looks original, March '66 fastback would have the smooth shifter lever I think. Am I missing something?

It's a 15-speed has little lever with three positions along with the five-speed gear shifter I don't know what it's worth it's in Coppertone grips are still good seats original everything's original tires are shot though what would this thing possibly be worth I have no idea could use help please thank you

View attachment 1695453

View attachment 1695455

View attachment 1695456

View attachment 1695457

View attachment 1695458

View attachment 1695459

View attachment 1695460

View attachment 1695461
Worth detailing and bringing it back to original. Value depends on how it turns. Or sell as is 500 to 700 less all the ebay fees

I found the guy @1966fastbacks in Tucson but he hasn't been here since Nov. 2019. Here's a shot of just some of his Fastbacks. They all wouldn't fit in the picture.

View attachment 1695568

Someone asked him if all these were 1966's.
Quote:
NO. only about 20 or so are 66's. I am trying to collect one of each color from each year 66-76. I'm very close. The picture is only about half of them. Have 14 violet 66's. I have way too many duplicates.
Let me guess….he is single

I found the guy @1966fastbacks in Tucson but he hasn't been here since Nov. 2019. Here's a shot of just some of his Fastbacks. They all wouldn't fit in the picture.

View attachment 1695568

Someone asked him if all these were 1966's.
Quote:
NO. only about 20 or so are 66's. I am trying to collect one of each color from each year 66-76. I'm very close. The picture is only about half of them. Have 14 violet 66's. I have way too many duplicates.
OK....he could be the nicest guy in the world but that's hoarding and especially with all the duplication. Sure it's his 'right' to collect and buy whatever he wants. But in the hobby, somebody like that keeps others from owning and finding stuff. However, if he's willing to sell or help other collectors, that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Local guy here had 15 Covairs. I was working with a teenager that wanted to restore one. We walked up to his door and politely asked if he might consider selling one. Ran us off, told us he was going to restore them all. Fast fwd 15yrs....he put up a fence around them so as not to be visible from the road, they rotted more to the ground, he died and they were hauled away. Who won in that scenario....the guy who 'possessed' the 15 Covairs, or the family members that had to dispose of 15 rotting covairs?

Just an opinion, YMMV.

Kevin

OK....he could be the nicest guy in the world but that's hoarding and especially with all the duplication. Sure it's his 'right' to collect and buy whatever he wants. But in the hobby, somebody like that keeps others from owning and finding stuff. However, if he's willing to sell or help other collectors, that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Local guy here had 15 Covairs. I was working with a teenager that wanted to restore one. We walked up to his door and politely asked if he might consider selling one. Ran us off, told us he was going to restore them all. Fast fwd 15yrs....he put up a fence around them so as not to be visible from the road, they rotted more to the ground, he died and they were hauled away. Who won in that scenario....the guy who 'possessed' the 15 Covairs, or the family members that had to dispose of 15 rotting covairs?

Just an opinion, YMMV.

Kevin
Variety is the spice of life , that dude needs to go fishing or sumtin 🤣😂😆

Back