When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66' Stingray tire set

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
200 + shipping
Zipcode

andysto73

Look Ma, No Hands!
I believe these to be 66' tires from what I've researched..correct me if I'm wrong. The date codes appear to be 3/6 on the westwind front and 6/6 on the rear. The rear slick is in incredible shape, really no cracking at all. The front does have some on one side basically none on the other, both ride fine. Ask any q's..Thanks

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

These are '76 tires with the mold lines. March '76 on the Westwind and June '76 on the Slik rear. In 66 the rear Slik was a yellow oval.

Up for debate man. Nothings ever definitive with Schwinn. My understanding is 66 is the last year for yellow oval but who knows when in 66 they stopped and went to this style.

Up for debate man. Nothings ever definitive with Schwinn. My understanding is 66 is the last year for yellow oval but who knows when in 66 they stopped and went to this style.
No debate about the mold lines they started in the '70's and '60's tires don't have them. C for Carlisle - they didn't start making tires until '68.

This is not a Schwinn thing - they used tires from many suppliers like Goodyear, US Rubber, and Carlisle in the 60's-70's

I have original 66 Slik tires and no mold lines across the sidewall - GLWS regardless, the rear is a nice tire

Last edited:
Im aware Schwinn used different manufacturers. Well if the mold line and Carlisle not making tires til 68 thing is correct then so be it.

Also looking at the Slik on my desktop and it looks to be a dirty white color line tire, first came out 69 or 70 as an accessory tire until used on some models in the '70's.

Its not a white line one, pics just making it look that way. I did notice that when loading them in there.

Back