When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 CT-2 Cycle truck

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Any ideas on how to get this pedal out>

View attachment 1663006

Drill up as far as you can without touching threads. Or leave it there if you don't have any odd size drill bits. Get you a coping saw with a blade for metal and very carefully cut from the inside out, just to the threads, in 3 places. It should pry inward and come out in pieces from there.

Thats been a thought too. Havent seen metal blades for one. There isnt much metal left now as its tapped to 3/8 - 16.

This had really slowed things down. The tool was made from just scrap on the job and a top tube from a trash picked bike. I've pulled many of stuck schwinn seat posts with it.

20220427_153143.jpg

20220427_173328.jpg

20220427_173422.jpg

20220427_173742.jpg

Last edited:
At one point I thought it was working. I'm cranking on the wrench and its turning, thought finally. But no, I was just crushing and bending the tool. Then switched to a piece of 1" ridgid conduit, pulled the threads out of nuts, stretched and broke a few pieces of all thread. This had always worked perfectly before but not on this one.

20220427_173908.jpg

20220427_173926.jpg

20220427_181231.jpg

Last edited:
The bike was upside down for a few weeks filled with PB blaster so nothing else was getting done to it. Any time I was near it I would give the wrench a 1/2 turn it just wasn't letting go. Tried heat on the seat mast, nothing! I was about to cut the tube down and cut notches in it pull it out in pieces. But one last try for the tool. I ordered fine thread grade 8 all thread from McMaster Carr, a rod coupling for in the tube and a larger hex rod coupling for the top. The 9/16 nuts were mushrooming into the square washers, just drag and cutting up the threads. Finally that worked but it had been soaking for weeks.

As Willworkforparts mentioned, I've also had success drilling a stuck fastener out to just shy of the threads. The heat from the bit will usually loosen things and then you can scrape what's left in the threads out with a pocket knife.

Back