When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Huffy Camaro

-

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Picked this one up a couple weeks ago and just finished it up. This is my first non Schwinn middleweight. Not a bad bike at all. Everything seems a grade or two lower quality than Schwinns but not bad. Maybe that was reflected in the price back then. One thing that really struck me was that this bike has to weigh 10 to 15 pounds less than a Schwinn MW. This one had to be adult ridden and kept inside as it really has only a few chips. The lights appear to never had have batteries in them. Put a couple in and they came on but dim. Probably a ground issue. Paint is a lesser quality than Schwinns and this one has issues with the corrosion under the paint. I am spoiled with all the Schwinn info out there as info on this is scarce. Found a 68 Huffy catalog page and some pics but that is about it. It appears to be all original but have not found any pics of a black one. Also appears they were not sold until 68 and no black so this must be a rare prototype! (yeah right!!). Have not found another with that seat mast decal or seat. Anybody have any info on these? Seemed fitting to shoot a pic with my Corvette to go with a Camaro.

Before 1.JPG

After 1.jpg

After front.jpg

After back.jpg

Camaro and Corvette.jpg

I must say, this is a very hard to find color for this model. This Huffy Camaro is a 1964-1966. by 1968, the frames typically had plastic chrome bullets and not the chromoe caps on the top tubes. If you can post the serial number, I can find the exact year. It will be located on the rear dropout. This bike would be worth somewhere around $250-$350. Green Camaros about $200, and red ones around $150. The common whtie girls models are only worth what one is willing to pay.

Hi:

Thanks for the info! Serial number is 7H901329. I took that to mean it's a 67. Does the H correspond to the month as in H = August? Any additional info would be much appreciated!!!!

Well, I'm wrong once again. Apparently it is a 1967. Latest I've seen those caps on an adult size bike. You are correct, it is a 1967. But "H" is not "August". It simply means "Huffy" or "Huffman".

That makes sense on the H. Thanks for the info! If you or anyone else has any additional info I would much appreciate it. Bob

Has anyone seen a pic or another one of these in black? Talked to a couple of people who collect these and none have seen a black one. The seat and seat mast decal also appear to be different than other Camaro's. I wonder if this was a styling exercise or a prototype or maybe built for a Huffy exec. Were Camaro's for sure built in 67? The rear axle is an Excel which might also be different. Anybody have any thoughts about this?

Last edited:
I have not seen another black one but, the seat is a later add-on, and a nice add-on I should say. It matches very well. The decal is a standard issue for Huffys built during this period.

Back