When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'67 Sting-ray Front Brake

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A Weinmann 890 with a red Washer and an eye stabber lever with red dot would be correct for your 67.

Mark

Thanks Mark. That will help. I wasn't sure which lever was correct and was thinking a ball end, but eye stabber is what I'll look for. The bike I have appears to be an original parts deluxe, but at some point the front brake caliper and lever were removed and the brake bolt shortened to use as the fender bolt. Would the correct caliper have cursive script "Schwinn" on one side of arm and "Approved" on the other?

Last edited:
Here is the setup you need... The Caliper will be block lettered WEINMANN on the right and TYPE 890 on the left from the riding position. ...... If you need an NOS Weinmann silver glitter brake cable let me know...
HB Copper & Blue J38's 004.JPG

I've got an awesome red dot eye stabber lever if you need one I got it from "runjhnhog' on eBay I needed one but had to buy the set

Thanks for the picture. My '65 has "Schwinn Approved". Did the Sting-Ray brakes change to standard Wienmann lettering in '67 or does the "Schwinn Approved" show up again on later year Rays? Also, what is the length of the brake bolt for the fork?

Back