When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 coppertone/springer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kasper

Finally riding a big boys bike
hello cabers I'm in need of a 1968 coppertone stingray preferably frame fork and gaurd. I am also looking for a mid 60s AS Springer not the krate Springer. thanks in advance Thomas. let me know what you have.

hello cabers I'm in need of a 1968 coppertone stingray preferably frame fork and gaurd. I am also looking for a mid 60s AS Springer not the krate Springer. thanks in advance Thomas. let me know what you have.

I have a Springer.

U mean an "S" springer as around 58-9 Schwinn began making the new version with S bolts . While the same '60's style' all chrome or half paint and half chrome in 95+ springers gots "AS" Bolts. Not much difference in the 60's and 95's where you could just switch out the bolts cept the chrome is cheap and can be poorly made too. 1995 Schwinn produced both types,46- 50's and 60's styles, each having AS bolts. So, good news, it's tougher dan U tinks. However, a little birdy says the repops are lighter in weight, than 50's AS and 60's S. . .

Of course there's always this thought. Whenever I were a kid I could tell the difference in good chrome and crap by color and sense of thickness in plating, but, with all the repop stuff dam if I could splain why now.

Otherwise, if you're really wanting a all chrome or similar newer style for 60's 'Schwinn springer wit AS bolts' then you're asking for a repop 95+. of course though, the repop AS bolt embossing is thinner than old.

Last edited:
1965 sting ray super deluxe had a Springer on it with as bolts in it? possibly your years are off.

1965 sting ray super deluxe had a Springer on it with as bolts in it? possibly your years are off.
whelp you got me there as all I know bought dat would be. I did have a 64 super deluxe in 68 and back then whatever did not have a AS bolt, springer's seat post and stem, we changed em to the old AS B/C 1. it was cooler and 2. better chrome and harder steel. but I no remembers whether I changed em on it as it was short lived whenever me good old brodder painted it, the whole thing, frame, rims, tires and all, for Psychedelic effect; florescent orange. But. B/C Schwinn changed up in 58-9, I wouldn't bet on it.

And I'm commenting B/C not long ago, I discovered that Schwinn's 60's type repops 95+ are an easy switch that I've never heard or read comment about.

Last edited:
Back