When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68' coppertone standard

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
frame and wheels
I used the 3m stage 1 compound on the frame and 0000 steel wool with chrome polish on the steel wool for the wheels. Keep in mind you have to have a light hand for both items when cleaning the objective is less is more. You dont want to compound the paint off you just want to very lightly compound the dirt and dullness out of the very top edge of the paint and same for the wheels dont push down hard when cleaning or you will create scratches. As for any bearings or crank parts or any parts with hard dried grease on them I use a toothbrush and gasoline to get the old dried grease off and then wipe with a rag and then use metal cleaner for example on the sprocket. I know not everyone will agree with the gasoline but it works great.

67/68 fenderless standard was my dream bike as a kid.
A kid on the block had a violet one with the smoothy sparkle seat...
wanted that bad.
I got the crappy dept store fake stingray... poverty sux
wa-wa-waaaaaa...... : /
Same with my father he tells me he had to work for 2 summers just to buy a used orange raleigh chopper.

Back