When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68' Deluxe Racer Restoration.

-

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
Thought I'd post a few pics of my last Schwinn Restoration. This bike had been completely destroyed by the sun here in Az. when I found it. It had sat 30 years leaning against the south side of a barn in Aho, Az. Unusually, it was Lime or Radiant Green. Hard to tell, one side was faded completely down to silver undercoat and primer, the other was bubbly and crusty. Even the chrome had peeled off the handlebars!!
One note is; that I restore bikes for ME to ride, and my right arm and hand dont work anymore so I convert most to coaster 2 or 3 speed with no rear caliper, this one has both rear brakes though. I also have a sweet spot for my ability and gearing so I like to play with gears.
Unfortunately Stolen in Ocala Florida last July. My son was riding it on the eve of 4th of July and was knocked off of it and beat-up. All ok except hurt feelings and bike gone.
Its hard to keep anything nice and still use it.

67DRacer1.jpeg

67DRacer2.jpeg

67dRacer3.jpeg

67DRacer4.jpeg

Love that paint & decal scheme. Personally, I prefer the painted fenders on these.
So sorry that it got stolen. Must be a rough neighborhood.

my first decent bike was a 1963 schwinn traveler same black and chrome fenders later on it was fitted with a cyclo 3 gear freewheel kit and drop bars and a lycett saddle it was the coolist ,fastest ,most loved bike in my neighborhood ,other kids had sierrias 15 speed ,varsity ,contentinal s ect i had my jhonny cash special and could zoom by them into the distance quicker than flash gordon ! i rode the wheels of of this machine and when i see a similar bike my heart jumps a beat ! soo i say to you, nice bike my friend

You should be able to replace it if you are looking for the standard/medium frame size. It's harder if you need to get the tall frame model. They're good bikes (a little heavy, but well-made).

Beautiful work on the bike!

So sorry about your son. There's a special place in Hell for people who do things like this!

Back