When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Orange Krate

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Robert Beattie

'Lil Knee Scuffer
new member here had 68 Krate when I was a kid 62 now picked this up at bike shop for 5 bucks. mc 66273 Dec 67 one of first 1000 made. This is all got wha t do need some advise know I need fenderless springer atom frt brake white seat I will get paint from Dale and spray it in booth

IMAG0213.JPG

IMAG0194.JPG

IMAG0187.JPG

What condition parts are you looking for? I have a mint rechromed springer as well as Atom wheels etc... Also rider condition parts.. Contact [email protected] If interested

What condition parts are you looking for? I have a mint rechromed springer as well as Atom wheels etc... Also rider condition parts.. Contact [email protected] If interested
Its a keeper not for sale and I want to keep the 50 year old patina. After the repaint I want to try to reuse fender crank handlebars and get date coded OEM parts. Should I rechrome them or what do use to remove rust and polish them. I dont want to use repo parts except tires I not paying 800+ for a a a tire like the one on Ebay lol. Many questions like should seat clamp and shocks be chrome or anodised. The ones on Ebay from 2700 to for 4000 have different parts Yes I am intererested in your parts can you email me. Thanks Bobby.

So are you going to distress the frame after painting to match the patina of the rest of the bike? If not that shiny orange frame is gonna look strange! Also curious what reference you used to determine this was one of the first 1000? V/r Shawn

Did 3-speed and 5-speed Sting-Rays have the same frame as a Krate?
Not in 1968...The 3 speeds used the smaller lucky 7 sprocket and the 52 tooth Mag Sprocket drove a different frame...In 69 they were the same when the smaller mag sprocket came online for a 3 speed.

Mark

Not in 1968...The 3 speeds used the smaller lucky 7 sprocket and the 52 tooth Mag Sprocket drove a different frame...In 69 they were the same when the smaller mag sprocket came online for a 3 speed.

Thanks for the reply. So if I'm understanding this right the 5-speed frames were always the same (Sting-Ray vs. Krate) but the 3-speed frames were different until 1969?

Nice project.
Nothing for nothing, but why not try an OA bath to remove the rust and see how things look? You might end up with a killer bike with real patina, instead of having to distress new finish.
Just a thought.
Joe

No bringing that paint back. looks like it was sandblasted and left bare metal. nice project..

Back