When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Pogo Seatpost Question

-

pedal4416

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I know the original pogo posts had the issue of spinning and causing issues so it was discontinued. Does anyone know anything about this one that has a Keyway to stop the spin? Ive never seen one with a keyway, even the Matthews post don't seem to have it? I am looking for a good original post for my Dads 68 orange Krate and this popped up.

s-l1600.jpg

Just saw the thread I am in the hospital from neck surgery complications
My brother's September 1968 Krate had this same post on it since he got it in 1986 from the original owners.
He gave me the bike since it was from my era and he is 20 years younger than I am. I hope to get to the restoration part soon.

I know the original pogo posts had the issue of spinning and causing issues so it was discontinued. Does anyone know anything about this one that has a Keyway to stop the spin? Ive never seen one with a keyway, even the Matthews post don't seem to have it? I am looking for a good original post for my Dads 68 orange Krate and this popped up.

View attachment 1704129
I’ve never heard of this second design “shock absorbing seat post”. Good idea.
I agree the swivel in that first design post can make you sea sick.

My 1968 accessory seat has the early post in the box.

295CD26C-1CC2-403B-93CE-BA4C1351C441.jpeg

CF62312A-BE8F-4E99-80A8-1F14579D0F70.jpeg

7ECFD1B3-6138-4DCD-BFF3-DAA609AE1C4D.jpeg

CB0AEDE7-3382-43C6-995B-8C7122BC7E49.jpeg

I've got one of these - it's the second style pogo post, designed to avoid safety issues with the original style which allowed upward and side to side, swivel motion. The original style came on the first Krates for the first few months, then this one up through June. I also have the original style on my original early MC Orange Krate.

These are pretty hard to find, either style, don't come up for sale often, so I'd jump on that one if you can buy it.

Last edited:
Back