When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Schwinn Mini Twinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Callahooney1

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Picked up this 68 Schwinn Mini Twinn a few weeks back along with a 65 & 66 Stingray Deluxe. The Fork on the Twinn is bent. Also wanted to check if the fork was dated correctly, so I removed it. Not too sure how it should be dated. Attached is a pic of the number on the fork. Don't quite understand if this is the correct one. I'm sure there's other parts on this bike that are not correct as well. The rear fender was not attached at the bottom near the kickstand. The front fender was not bolted on either. Could someone advise what parts Schwinn dated? Appreciate advice. Grazi.

20190730_182820.jpg

20190706_124815.jpg

The rear fender is incorrect, and good luck finding the correct one! The stem is also incorrect, and is one of the parts that will be dated. The handlebars and both cranks will also be dated. It's a great project though, especially since the paint on the frame looks really good. These have always been very desirable bikes and hold their value well. Nice score!

The rear fender is incorrect, and good luck finding the correct one! The stem is also incorrect, and is one of the parts that will be dated. The handlebars and both cranks will also be dated. It's a great project though, especially since the paint on the frame looks really good. These have always been very desirable bikes and hold their value well. Nice score!

I agree that the stem is incorrect, but the shorty rear fender looks right to me. It's not attached to the bracket at the seat stays and is positioned further forward but looks like the right fender.

Neither of the fenders would have been dated. I still say the rear fender is too long to be correct. You can see the hole is only about 1/2" forward of the rear stay, push it back 1/2" and there is too much fender in front. Maybe a cut down Stingray fender? Any chance you could post a pic of the rear fender from the other side of bike?

Neither of the fenders would have been dated. I still say the rear fender is too long to be correct. You can see the hole is only about 1/2" forward of the rear stay, push it back 1/2" and there is too much fender in front. Maybe a cut down Stingray fender? Any chance you could post a pic of the rear fender from the other side of bike?

You might be right on the fender. I'm now seeing something on the non drive side. ;)

Will snap a pic when I get home. Also going to see my cousin's Mini Twinn in a few days. His is close to a 10, perfect condition, never left the Schwinn store. . Will take some pics to gauge the correct parts for mine.

Back