When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Raleigh rescue

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jungleterry

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hello just picked this one up from a family who brought him from England ,love to keep but there are some issues ,all my Raleighs are 8 plus and this one can get there but needs up grades ,frame is wonderful with the locking forks with original keys.i would like to up grade the fender and chain guard ,the rear tire needs to be a dunlop double white line like the front ,they did that in 69.also my seat is great buuuuuut a schwinn .hoping some one can help with this if not may post for sale as is ,rather keep him since these are the top of line touring examples in the Raleigh .

Last edited:
Those pedals are rare. You really need to upgrade the kickstand, that one doesn’t belong there. The seat probably was a Brooks B72, they turn up all the time. The twin stripe tires you might find will all be hard as a rock. The Panaracer standards or extra lights are awesome 3 speed rubber.
Sooner or later you need to go for a bike ride on a Raleigh, maybe this one would be good to use for that? I’d tune it, ride it, and park it by the others you don’t ride when you are done.
Nice bike, great history.

Last edited:
I have found the correct seat ,also found a set of dual stripe tires ,need kick stand and better chain guard and I will be a happy camper

That stem was only used on Superbe and Sprite models. It is a beautiful forging, as opposed to the stamped three speed model.
You will eventually find the parts you need. But, finding a Raleigh Superbe with the story that goes with that bike, will be hard to do.
Nice bike.
Ted

yes I believe it was a anniversary bike or Christmas bike ,love one of those for the Raleigh room if you want to sell .

Had 2 of these. 1971s his and hers very nice bikes still have a spare dyno hub kicking around in the parts bin .
They had Gumwall tires that were pretty rotten found a nos set for one them put the two best ones on the other bike
One of them also had the large vinyl Brooks seat bag as well .
No pumps on them and did not have the keys for the fork locks .
Also has the tall frame
IMG_8500.JPG

If you are missing keys for an English locking fork bike, this guy is an ace:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=173560159537

He did the keys for my 1949 Sports Tourist, sent them to me from Australia, promised they would fit and work, and, they did.

Notice the pedals on the bike without the air pump-these are typical, and when they get old you toss them and buy more. The OP’s bike has rebuildable, reflector pedals, and is only the third bike I’ve ever seen with them.

I’ve bought, sold, ridden, and looked at a lot of Raleigh’s.

Ted

Last edited:
Back