When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70’s Paramount Sticker removal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SLM

Finally riding a big boys bike
How do I remove the bicycle license sticker without destroying the Paramount decal ?

IMG_8768.jpeg

IMG_8769.jpeg

The bicycle license sticker will release with some heat, because of the adheasive type. The Schwinn decal is a water slide decal. I believe your safest step would be to try to use a heat gun first. Just monitor the amount of heat you use. The good/bad news is the Schwinn decal is not cleared over, and it can be removed and replaced without damage to the Kool Orange paint. It looks like Kool Orange in my screen, not the newer (redder) Sunset Orange. Nice original bike.

John

Oooooooooooh! What a dumb place for a dang license sticker. Some heat from a hair dryer or heat gun and fiddle farting trying to peel it off. If it was on paint I usually use a little WD-40 along with the heat.
Agree, BUT it's better than what Phoenix, AZ did for their bicycle license. We hand stamped the license number with 1/8" tall hand number stamps into the handlebar, the handlebar stem, AND into the frame just above the left crank cup. Basically, it would have ruined that nice original Paramount. The license program was administered by City Fire Stations and local Bicycle Dealers. 1960's-70's era.

John

Agree, BUT it's better than what Phoenix, AZ did for their bicycle license. We hand stamped the license number with 1/8" tall hand number stamps into the handlebar, the handlebar stem, AND into the frame just above the left crank cup. Basically, it would have ruined that nice original Paramount. The license program was administered by City Fire Stations and local Bicycle Dealers. 1960's-70's era.

John
Yes sir! The Mesa Fire Department carved up my new 64 Varsity on a nice Saturday morning along with 100 other bikes. Advertised bike Registration day, $1 with engravers buzzing!

John
Off subject, but in the '70's a friend took his Penton Enduro M/C for a license at the Fullerton PD and they attempted to stamp a number into the Chrome molly frame. The frame was harder than the stamps and ruined every one of (the stamps) they tried.

My Cook Bros has the reg number engraved in the down tube, too. The registration decal came off easily with heat from a hair dryer.

Back