When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'70 Lemon Peeler 100% original survivor For Sale!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fltwd57

Finally riding a big boys bike
Okay muscle bike fans, here's your chance to add a true time-warp, 100% original survivor Krate to your collection!

The serial # reveals a build date of October 1970. This Lemon Peeler and an Orange Krate were Christmas gifts that year for the original owner and his brother from their dad, who worked in the science/space field and was somewhat the nerdy, bookworm type. The kids were the same and not really interested in riding bikes, so both Krates just served as display art in the family living room by the fireplace and were (allegedly) never ridden! Both were purchased from the original owner in the mid-'80s, the Orange Krate was immediately sold to another collector and this Lemon Peeler went into long term storage. It is now seeing the light of day for the first time in many years and being offered here to CABErs. It is as close to NOS as you'll find anywhere and is just begging to become the star of your Schwinn collection!

Guaranteed 100% authentic and original as the day it was assembled in 1970, right down to the tires and tubes. Never been apart, never molested, nothing added, nothing removed, just an honest and correct example. It does have a few small nicks in the paint from storage and some components could use a sympathetic cleaning, but basically as close to perfect as it gets.

$1600.00 + actual shipping cost.. Open to offers. Would prefer a local sale due to the fact that it has never been disassembled, but will ship if ya gotta have it. Cash, check or PayPal accepted.. PM or post here to express interest.

IMG_9210_zps004839cc-1.jpg

IMG_9256_zps11bdabc6-1.jpg

IMG_9235_zps9b51a640-1.jpg

IMG_9237_zps44dabefc-1.jpg

IMG_9242_zpsd18d5ed2-1.jpg

IMG_9241_zpse81b5861-1.jpg

IMG_9253_zps14369604-1.jpg

It even passed the scrutiny of these two Schwinn experts :D

IMG_9228_zpsf35ae108-1.jpg

great bike and great price but....

I would question a few things. Why no raised white letter slick, glitter grips were more 1969and why the older style smooth derailier wheels? I guess they could have been used if stock was low. Can you check the date code on the tires? Back in the early days there were many krates restored to the point of being NOS but repainted by some top notch guys. I am not saying that it is that and for the price is a date deal either way.

Valid questions RFDO and you would know way more about Krate bikes than I'll ever know, but, as stated, this one was acquired from the original owner almost 30 years ago as is and to the best of my knowledge was never messed with by him or us. As far as parts being "correct" for one year or the other, I think we have all learned that anything is possible in the world of vintage bicycles. You're right, there are a lot of restored and embellished bikes out there... This is not one of them.

it is indeed a very nice bicycle

If I was in the neighborhood I would have had a hard time not stepping up. Very nice bike. Thanks for offering it here.

It even passed the scrutiny of these two Schwinn experts :D

IMG_9228_zpsf35ae108-1.jpg

I have 3 experts well versed in any and all kinds of bike. Everything I have has been approved.

Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 17.23.18.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 17.22.11.jpg

When they don't approve they sharpen their claws on the tires as a way of leaving a note for me so I know which bikes didn't meet their standards. I got one such message this morning on my Colson Clipper. Shame cuz I thought it's a very nice bike.

Great lemon peeler by the way! Wow - somebody did well :)

I guess you have to sell it now..

I have 3 experts well versed in any and all kinds of bike. Everything I have has been approved.

View attachment 131708View attachment 131709

When they don't approve they sharpen their claws on the tires as a way of leaving a note for me so I know which bikes didn't meet their standards. I got one such message this morning on my Colson Clipper. Shame cuz I thought it's a very nice bike.

Great lemon peeler by the way! Wow - somebody did well :)

So, does that mean you have sell it now? lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back