When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

700c to 700a tire surgery *For display only... do not ride

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So how long until you take your knowledge of tires and make some new tubulars for wood rims??
Ha! I am not an engineer nor do the factories I've worked with do small batches. I'm sure someone with the right experience & tools (also time and money) might could retrofit tread to a proper casing though.

Black and gum wall 700a tires are not too hard to find
White I have not seen available
There are gumwall 700A ISO 642 tires out there? Are these clinchers? The only true 28", ISO 642 clinchers I've found for my Pierce are the V Rubber tires available from Moruya in Australia. https://www.moruyabicycles.com.au/contents/en-uk/p393_Vee-Rubber-Tyre-28-x-1-3_8.html. Wish they came in cream or white. Wish someone in the US would import them, shipping is twice as much as the tires.

About 5 years ago I emailed V Rubber's North American headquarters asking about 28" tires but never got a reply.

You might want to try:

Currently selling for 19.90 euros each.
Not sure of postage costs to the USA though.

Back