When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

700c to 700a tire surgery *For display only... do not ride

-
So how long until you take your knowledge of tires and make some new tubulars for wood rims??
Ha! I am not an engineer nor do the factories I've worked with do small batches. I'm sure someone with the right experience & tools (also time and money) might could retrofit tread to a proper casing though.

Black and gum wall 700a tires are not too hard to find
White I have not seen available
There are gumwall 700A ISO 642 tires out there? Are these clinchers? The only true 28", ISO 642 clinchers I've found for my Pierce are the V Rubber tires available from Moruya in Australia. https://www.moruyabicycles.com.au/contents/en-uk/p393_Vee-Rubber-Tyre-28-x-1-3_8.html. Wish they came in cream or white. Wish someone in the US would import them, shipping is twice as much as the tires.

About 5 years ago I emailed V Rubber's North American headquarters asking about 28" tires but never got a reply.

You might want to try:

Currently selling for 19.90 euros each.
Not sure of postage costs to the USA though.

Back