When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70's Peugeot Winter Cheapo Project...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Well, here I go again!! A bike I don't need (I have a PX-10, but in a small frame) that is in questionable condition, but in my size frame. Photos are as I brought it home.

I never learn, but I had $35 burning a hole in my pocket and the bike was less than 2 miles from my house. Couldn't pass it up, considering the front derailleur wasn't cracked as they usually are. But, the rear one is, and I have an extra. So, another bike to add to a list of projects that should keep me busy as winter approaches.

No idea as to why the guy put a pump holder on when one was built into the frame. Crazy.
Lots of miles on it, I'm sure, but a rider is the best it will ever be. I guess I just like to take on a challenge to see how far I can turn something like this into something halfway decent. Time will tell. :tonguewink:

BTW...any idea as to when this was made? Basically, how early in the 70's?

-----

model U08

circa 1974

you should be able to get specific date from the markings on the cycle's Simplex Prestige gear mechs:

another spot to check for a date is inside the small diamond symbol on the bicycle's Rigida SUPERCHROMIX wheel rims -

1974 U.S. market catalogue page -

original saddle was an ADGA model 28A conventional leather

the ADGA name is an acronym for the company founder Adrien Gallett

cycle appears blades may have "softened" a bit...or it could just be a photographic effect. a juvenile can do that to a machine in just a few minutes of riding off curbs or down steps.

-----

Last edited:
@juvela Hi! Its been a while!! And, as usual, thank you for knowledge. All these years of doing this, I had no idea as to looking in these locations for a date. Go figure...

But...I'm proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks. :tonguewink:

Well, here I go again!! A bike I don't need (I have a PX-10, but in a small frame) that is in questionable condition, but in my size frame. Photos are as I brought it home.

I never learn, but I had $35 burning a hole in my pocket and the bike was less than 2 miles from my house. Couldn't pass it up, considering the front derailleur wasn't cracked as they usually are. But, the rear one is, and I have an extra. So, another bike to add to a list of projects that should keep me busy as winter approaches.

No idea as to why the guy put a pump holder on when one was built into the frame. Crazy.
Lots of miles on it, I'm sure, but a rider is the best it will ever be. I guess I just like to take on a challenge to see how far I can turn something like this into something halfway decent. Time will tell. :tonguewink:

View attachment 1296029

View attachment 1296030

View attachment 1296031

View attachment 1296032

View attachment 1296033

View attachment 1296034

View attachment 1296035

View attachment 1296036

View attachment 1296037
Give it the Rene Herse treatment.

@GiovanniLiCalsi In what way a Rene Herse treatment? The guy already added a bell, lol!

But seriously...I assume fenders and a leather saddle are what you are referring to?

FYI (if you don't already know) ATAX stems (like the AVA) have a reputation for catastrophic failure. I have heard that the lower end ones(such as that) are actually better. AS your bike perhaps will not be ridden too much, I would probably just check it carefully and use it. On that stem, failure is likely to be cracks growing from the end of the expansion slot(where the wedge spreads stem). If you see them, throw it away. Other (later) ATAX stems failed elsewhere due to poor quality casting.

Back