When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70s stingray help

-

tech549

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
just picked this up and really don't know a lot about these.,i was told it is a 1970 ? 3 speed shifter

20190410_164629.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it could be a 70 there should be a serial number stamped on the head tube or on that bottom of crank tube you can then Google how to date my Schwinn stingray and find a site that will tell you the year what letters or numbers will give you the year but I found out my fastback is a 75 by the way is that a 3 speed or a 5 speed really nice stingray hope this helps you out
IMG_20190411_011913.jpg

Serial number is on the headtube by the badge.70 to 73 shifter.
Use the serial chart in the Schwinn section to determine year.

Looks like it could be a 70 there should be a serial number stamped on the head tube or on that bottom of crank tube you can then Google how to date my Schwinn stingray and find a site that will tell you the year what letters or numbers will give you the year but I found out my fastback is a 75 by the way is that a 3 speed or a 5 speed really nice stingray hope this helps you outView attachment 978552
thanks appreciate it!

Back