When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 stingray rear hub question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SlamIt75

On Training Wheels
First post on the forum and what a wealth of knowledge on here. I have a quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere. I am working on a 73 stingray deluxe (not a 5 speed model) and slowly building it up with year appropriate parts. My question is, what kind of rear s2 hub was used on this bike? I figure it is a bendix but am unsure as to the type of 28-spoke hub that would be appropriate for this bike. Thanks for any guidance and info you can provide.

First post on the forum and what a wealth of knowledge on here. I have a quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere. I am working on a 73 stingray deluxe (not a 5 speed model) and slowly building it up with year appropriate parts. My question is, what kind of rear s2 hub was used on this bike? I figure it is a bendix but am unsure as to the type of 28-spoke hub that would be appropriate for this bike. Thanks for any guidance and info you can provide.
It would be a Bendix 70.

Also note, it's this style Bendix 70 hub:

Screenshot_20230605-162225.png

NOt the Bendix 70 hub with diagonal knurling:
Screenshot_20230605-162257.png

Sometime in 71 is when the multiple ring hub shell started, was used up until Bendix stopped making hubs I guess. The brake arms changed again in 76 and 86, all made in Mexico at that point I think.

Last edited:
Back