When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'74 LeTour

-
When I did my 1974 Le Tour (now my Son’s) Sheldon Brown was still alive, and was selling a Japanese replacement pedal that was rebuildable, for slim money. I’d bet they have something similar, today.

I bought new Sun rims, laced them with stainless spokes onto the original hubs, the aforementioned pedals, a really cool Truvativ crankset and bottom bracket, an aluminum seat post, a set of Gatorskins, that are still on the bike, a generic, Shimano 6 speed freewheel, and a cheap, but, better seat, and was rewarded with a bike that weighed 22 lbs, with a Greenfield kickstand. I have no desire to return it to what it was. It would be like comparing an F16 to a Saber jet. Dramatically better bike to ride and use.

I suppose a first generation Le Tour could be collectible some day. But, I’ll bet I’m dead when it happens.

Somebody will probably appreciate being able to service the pedals,

Ted
I love the Le Tour, bought one new in 1977 in red, found one all original except tires a few months ago, going to ride it this summer, a lot. It’s a 1977.

Sweet ride! It's the Super too....which was lighter than the LeTour by some pounds. At least two of the frame tubes are double butted on the Super. Original rims on the Super should be alloy as well.

What size frame?

Kevin

Sweet ride! It's the Super too....which was lighter than the LeTour by some pounds. At least two of the frame tubes are double butted on the Super. Original rims on the Super should be alloy as well.

What size frame?

Kevin
It’s 25”. New Gatorskins soon and we will ready to ride

I thought it looked tall like mine.

I put on Trisports Flak Jackets and love 'em. And I just put a Brooks B-17 on mine last week.

Kevin

Back