When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Schwinn Sprint

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Alan

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I recently picked an old Schwinn Sprint. It’s a 1974 10 speed with 27” tires and has the crook in the frame for rear tire clearance and the center pull hand brakes. Originally I bought this for parts, but since it’s complete, (but needs a full restoration.)I started wondering is there any value in this since it is the first year for the sprint?

It is basically a Continental and has about the same value or not a lot. I have 4. 2 1974s, 1 1975 and and 1 1977. The most I paid was $75 for the 1977 as that is the rarer one. The correct name for the frame is short coupled and it is a bit of a gimick and was supposed to climb better and turn faster but doubt it. I will see if I can find some pictures. Roger

Last edited:
Found the pictures.

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

Nice collection! Ok, at the very least mine would require new stencils, and possibly even new paint along with tires, cables, brake pads etc. So I will go ahead and take the parts I want and sell off the rest. Thanks! 😊

Back