When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'79 Mongoose Team (attachment heavy)

-
Thanks for the inspiration.

Here is my old motomag from 79. It sat rusty for twenty years. My ten year old helped after we got it powder coated. Very pleased with the results is very close to how I had it setup.

20140227_100818.jpg

20140227_100450.jpg

20140212_142810.jpg

That is a sweet Red Team. You aren't based in Colorado are you? I tried to buy a super nice Red frame once on ebay & the guy who beat me on bidding was in Colorado. Red Team always eluded me but I did have a complete NOS blue as well as several other blue one.
Great bike! Be careful with that finish, it will come off walking past it too fast.

Thank you! Not Colorado, but North Carolina. Yep, the finish is not great, still a lot of color left though.

Here is my old motomag from 79. It sat rusty for twenty years. My ten year old helped after we got it powder coated. Very pleased with the results is very close to how I had it setup.

Hooray, you did it! The bike turned out great. Glad the decal kits are still available. Looks like a happy boy too. Congrats.

NICE Geese!!That looks to be 1 happy kid!! I just picked up a late 81 Supergoose a few weeks ago,then scored some nice Pro Class wheels!!Just need a crank and pads!A few years ago,I had two ...a 79?Motomag and an 80?(I forget..:rolleyes:) Nickel plated Mongoose w/Ashtabula setup..VERY sad I sold them..ESPECIALLY the yellow Motomag...
2011_03260002-1.jpg

2011_04240023-1.jpg

You say its not cheap? How much is not cheap? Is it for sale

QUOTE=pedal_junky;307889]Tried to duplicate the build from when I was a kid. (Just like many of you I would guess) After locating the correct frame and fork, the build began.
View attachment 131755
View attachment 131756
View attachment 131757View attachment 131758
View attachment 131759
View attachment 131760View attachment 131761
[/QUOTE]

I think you are talking about the 3 piece crank that rearfacingdropout offered me. But to clarify, my Goose is not for sale.

Back