When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 80 Cruiser Deluxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$750
Zipcode

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Very early all original ( execpt tires ) 1980 Schwinn Cruiser Deluxe, AR January frame & Jan ( 0280 ) badge #'s, great condition with just a few nicks & scratches, very nice S2's & chrome, new Kenda gumwalls, I hve only wiped it with a rag so a detail would really make it pop, $750 local pickup or meet around LB/OC, message if interested as I don't always ck this thread.

Last edited:
Very early all original ( execpt tires ) 1980 Schwinn Cruiser Deluxe, AR January frame & Jan ( 0280 ) badge #'s, great condition with just a few nicks & scratches, very nice S2's & chrome, new Kenda gumwalls, I have only wiped it with a rag so a detail would really make it pop, $775 local pickup or meet around LB/OC, message if interested as I don't always ck this thread.

View attachment 1453035

One thing to note about your bike is since it was one of the first Deluxe Cruisers that rolled off the assembly line, it that has the old style Spitfire middle weight frame. My bike is the newer style Cruiser frame as indicated by the upper rear frame brace, or what most people refer to as the brake bridge.

Last edited:
Ya, I was always told that somewhere in early-mid 80 they decided why make 2 frame styles and started producing just the brake bridge style from then on.

Ya, I was always told that somewhere in early-mid 80 they decided why make 2 frame styles and started producing just the brake bridge style from then on.

I think they just used up all the older red & black production frames from the Spitfires on the first production runs of the Cruisers. They still produced that style frame for the Typhoon's, and the Heavy Duti's in 80, 81, & 82

Last edited:
We'll why did they stop using them in the 1 speed Cruisers?

Last edited:
We'll why did the stop using them in the 1 speed Cruisers?

Good question. I can only assume that the newer style frames had more clearance for the balloon tires on both the single, and 5 speeds?

BTW, the 1980 catalog pic shows the older style of frame also.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg
Back