When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

80's schwinn (need help identifying)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DaveZaffina

On Training Wheels
Hello All,

I am new to this Forum and I would like to know what type of bicycle I have. I found this bicycle in The basement of my girlfriend's mom's house and she told me the bikes I found have not been used in over 15 years or possibly longer. So I was told I can keep them and I decided to look them all up and possibly sell the bikes. The pictures I have here are of the Schwinn that I found which seems to be in fairly perfect condition with only minimal wear to a few things . I was curious about what model this is and what it might be worth as well. Thank You!

1520448307673740372155.jpg

1520448372868874637380.jpg

15204484219661544902193.jpg

1520448473006568066116.jpg

Looks like a mid 90's or later model. To new for me to ID. There might be a 4 number date stamp on the head badge.

From the Sun Tour Symmetric shifters it is an early 1980s bike. They were made 1981 to 1983. I will be back with the model after some research. It would have had the model on the top tube decal but it is missing. May be a LeTour. Roger
Back again from the shifters and the fact it is a 12 speed bike I would bet it is a 1984 LeTour ladies bike. ®oger

Last edited:
Odd: I didn't know Schwinn made a pseudo-mixte frame in the 80s, but that's definitely era. Could the handlebars be from a different bike?

Back