When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

81 western flyer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Before pics of the front wheel

IMG_20210110_094357499.jpg

IMG_20210110_094334401.jpg

I have figured out what my next build will be. I want to do a muscle bike style bike with a, for lack of a better term, tactical theme. Camouflage paint scheme with a satin or flat finish. Would love to have a genuine military bike for that build but any cool frame that's older than me will do. I intend to put fishing rod holders on that one. I already am sketching tool boxes to store a survival kit, tools, patch kit and fishing tackle. Would like to put one on the project I'm doing now but haven't come up with anything I like yet.

I decided to go ahead with the assembly instead of working on the back tire. It is by no means finished but I had to ride to the store.(ran out of tasty adult beverages). Since they don't let me drive anymore because of my seizures this is my only transport. I'm just not happy with the paint job. I knew better than to paint when it's this cold. But I have no patience. I'll go with the same paint scheme when I redo it but will wait for warmer weather. Hopefully I will be working on the tactical bike by then. Going to search the bay now for parts. Naturally I will check this site first. Would rather keep the money in the family so to speak.

IMG_20210110_140009570.jpg

IMG_20210110_135936925_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210110_135959799.jpg

I decided to go ahead with the assembly instead of working on the back tire. It is by no means finished but I had to ride to the store.(ran out of tasty adult beverages). Since they don't let me drive anymore because of my seizures this is my only transport. I'm just not happy with the paint job. I knew better than to paint when it's this cold. But I have no patience. I'll go with the same paint scheme when I redo it but will wait for warmer weather. Hopefully I will be working on the tactical bike by then. Going to search the bay now for parts. Naturally I will check this site first. Would rather keep the money in the family so to speak.

View attachment 1336389

View attachment 1336390

View attachment 1336391
The string on the frame holds the kickstand up while riding. I can fix almost anything, but not a bicycle kickstand. The thing won't stay in the up position. I still have to put the lights on it. I wanted to use the Harley Davidson lights but can't. I haven't figured out how or where to mount the battery. Just something else to shop for lights, head and tail. I want to mount a speedometer, not really to check speed but keep up with miles ridden. I want blinkers in the back because I don't want to get hit by a car again.

The string on the frame holds the kickstand up while riding. I can fix almost anything, but not a bicycle kickstand. The thing won't stay in the up position. I still have to put the lights on it. I wanted to use the Harley Davidson lights but can't. I haven't figured out how or where to mount the battery. Just something else to shop for lights, head and tail. I want to mount a speedometer, not really to check speed but keep up with miles ridden. I want blinkers in the back because I don't want to get hit by a car again.

I only mess with Schwinns and have little experience with the bolted on stands. I saw a thread were someone asked for help with this falling down stand problem and the fix is to bend the tab outward with an adjustable wrench just enough to keep the stand up. Clean and lube the stand pivoting points and then maybe a tiny amount of white lithium grease on that tab.

1610312321921.png

I only mess with Schwinns and have little experience with the bolted on stands. I saw a thread were someone asked for help with this falling down stand problem and the fix is to bend the tab outward with an adjustable wrench just enough to keep the stand up. Clean and lube the stand pivoting points and then maybe a tiny amount of white lithium grease on that tab.

View attachment 1336410
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot.

Back