When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8mm Bearing Balls - Hard Chrome G25

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$12
Zipcode

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
I recently went cageless BB on a couple of my once piece crank bikes. I ended up with a lot of extra Bearing Balls. If any one would like to do this I have all you will need.
These are 2x harder than stock chrome balls and 4x harder than the old black non-chrome style. 8mm is a bit smaller than many BB caged balls so check your size. I think they will work no matter what, your cones will just be a bit further in meaning you would need a spacing washer on the drive side to take up a little slack if you currently have a 9 or 10 ball cage. These replaced the balls in a 12 ball cage. I had to add 2 for a total of 14 on each side.
As a "trick of the week" It is supposed to reduce friction and be lighter weight. The BB spins super fast and for a long time when freewheeling afer I installed them. It seemed damn near frictionless but who can tell? I weighed everything and it was .8 grams lighter per side. Woopdeee. The cages were pretty light but each of the 12 balls do drag on the side of the cage they are pressed into as they spin around.
I have a couple hundred.
I will send out 30 for $12 shipping included.

Most American bottom brackets use 5/16" balls, so if these are truly 8mm they would be slightly oversize, but not by enough to notice (7.94mm vs 8mm)

Keep in mind that the 9 ball and the 12 ball cages are the same size, but the 10 ball cages are bigger so the cups and cones for the 10 ball cage are also also bigger.

The balls themselves are 5/16" no matter which cages were used, so these balls should work fine in any.

I suspect if adding washers was necessary there was probably some pre-existing mismatch of cones and cups.

Back