When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

!939 Mercury Pacemaker

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have a 40 lit tank model. The fender is original to it. Also the Elgin twinn look similar but there is a difference. Elgins have the edge folded down and not as sharp of a point. I post a pic of it it's in red an d the merc is maroon. Wow 87.50! For one.

Ya,as I look at mine,my rear is very pointy and my front looks more like your maroon pics.It just looks like it was some how bent in because it deff doesnt look factory bent.i love the look in maroon.I do not think the 39s had the mercury on the headshroud like your 40.My researching it looks like maybe the 39s came with the standard rack and integrated seat post clamp and the Mercury front ornament.1940 I think would have the Mercury on the headshroud and 41 maybe the floating front hub and even mercury on the headshroud and maybe 40/41 also had the fixed on seatclamp and maybe a diff rear rack.Also I think 41 may have had a front light instead of the fender ornament on the models with no lights or horn in the tank,but this is just some of the research I have been doing,since I got these.If one was to sell this bike as is.I am curious what a fair asking price would be as I have almost 0 knowledge on this bikes desirability or rareness.Thx again=]

Dude your confused. Mercury is on the shroud with the fender mascot saying the same. Yours should have the western flyer on the Shroud with the aviator mascot. They all came with the floating hub.. Color Changes were part of the year change. Also it seems the racks were varied some came deluxe and some not. As is the paint scheme as I understand.

Dude your confused. Mercury is on the shroud with the fender mascot saying the same. Yours should have the western flyer on the Shroud with the aviator mascot. They all came with the floating hub.. Color Changes were part of the year change. Also it seems the racks were varied some came deluxe and some not. As is the paint scheme as I understand.

So what is the diff between the 2,being aviator fender mount and Western flyer vs your bike?Are these 2 separate models?I am just tryin to gain info as this is the 1st I have seen or had=]

Manufacturers build bikes and interested company's place a order for them with specific requests for their brand ... ie names, colors, special logos on the bicycles. When the bike is sold, other people see the bikes with those brands on them riding around. The stores hope those special features will be recognized by potential customers and thus hoping they will shop their stores in the future. This applies to many if not all bicycles made past and present. It's a marketing ploy.

Last edited:
Manufacturers build bikes and interested company's place a order for them with specific requests for their brand ... ie names, colors, special logos on the bicycles. When the bike is sold, other people see the bikes with those brands on them riding around. The stores hope those special features will be recognized by potential customers and thus hoping they will shop their stores in the future. This applies to many if not all bicycles made past and present. It's a marketing ploy.

Thx for the info=]

Ya I am going to redo mine with the same two tone blue,with white pin striping.I love the way the bike looks but the old owner put that maroon in the picture and to me it just doesnt match.I love the 2 tone blue.So far ahead of technology in that era and at 87 dollars a bike I have found info that not many at all of these were sold as they were uber expensive.In 1951 a Schwinn Black Phantom was 89 dollars so thats kinda incredible that 12 years earlier a bicycle sold for the same amount.I can almost guarantee these bikes were by far the most expensive bikes for a long time.I also found out that only a limited number of these were even sold.This is the first and only add I have seen with a Pacemaker in this color scheme and the front train light,so this will now become the bike I keep,I think lol.This is just research I have came up with so deff not 100% sure as I am no Pacemaker expert lol.

i sold one last year

and untill i packed it i didn't know it had a small chip in shround under tube and above tank and it was a red color under black repaint might be worth a look

and untill i packed it i didn't know it had a small chip in shround under tube and above tank and it was a red color under black repaint might be worth a look

Mind me asking roughly,how much one would expect to get for the bike,if one decided to ever sell it?rofl

So I was looking at the grips on my Pacemaker and they actually read Mercury on them and are in great shape.Did originals come with these torpedo style grips marked with Mercury?

Back