When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A bearing fitment problem.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well...I checked the chain ring bearings...those - the ones already installed - are correct. I didn't goof up there. The bearings I'm having trouble with, won't swap with them. So yeah. Maybe I somehow...careful as I thought I was...installed the wrong bearings in the back hub. So I'll take the hub out and try swapping. For what its worth - the bearings I'm fiddling with are marked Bendix F-5272. And as I type this... I realize the fact that they're marked "Bendix" means they belong in the Bendix hub. Maybe I'm too old to play with this stuff...I'll report back. Thank you, gentlemen.

Don't be too hard on yourself, we all screw up once in awhile. And look on the bright side - you will probably never make this same mistake again!

I saw what you wrote in the other coaster brake thread, so there won't be any scolding. You know what you did--don't do it again.

Back