When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a bike design study

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

retrobuilder

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello all. As my username emphasizes, I do a lot of retro builds.

Prewar and fat tire bikes have character missing in most modern day bikes..

Currently have a 60's Columbia in works which will be done to respect the period and model but apply hopefully a unique design flow. No chopper or over the top chrome, no plastics .etc.. but a very good fitting bicycle that works..

Attached is a sketch exercize underwy as I'm aiming at a bit more complimenting style at handlebar.. Keeping the frame curves, original chain guard and fenders in place... Ergonomics is more important than "LOOKS".

Have a good 2018.. Wayne

I need a Columbia front fender so contact me if you know of one available.

20180113_170305_resized (2).jpg

20180113_190028_resized.jpg

One step closer... going with a Nitto, Soma or flared vntage bar I can locate..

In range of ~24 (600 mm)" wide, about 15mm drop, about 30 degree for better feel, chromoly.

Leather sewn wrap..

Best to all

20180116_151558_resized (1).jpg

Actually I believe a lot of us would disagree and feel it is the other way around. IMHO that Columbia will never have the character of many prewar deluxe bikes.... Just my 2c

View attachment 738745
awesome collection in list gallery.

This is my first go at a model less than 1985 to modern. Decided a 1960 to make a go for less $. My goal inext s prewar 2. Much like my dad and cousin had in Indiana. and a "6 day" or track bike...so much New technology was actually derived back then..although you know that for sure. Here is a web site of some products with much flow I developed..

www.monstertower.com

Best to you..

awesome collection in list gallery.

This is my first go at a model less than 1985 to modern. Decided a 1960 to make a go for less $. My goal inext s prewar 2. Much like my dad and cousin had in Indiana. and a "6 day" or track bike...so much New technology was actually derived back then..although you know that for sure. Here is a web site of some products with much flow I developed..

www.monstertower.com

Best to you..
Please see my revised post--I completely mis-read your initial post. Good luck with the build. It will be interesting to see how you infuse this bike with 'character'. V/r Shawn

Back