When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A clever way to quickly add some patina to your entire bike collection.

-

bikewhorder

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
So I'm in the house and I hear this horrendous crash like the sound of thousands of dollars worth of balloon tired bicycles being dropped onto a floor all at once and I ran out to my garage to see what happened and discovered that's exactly what happened. Apparently my clever way of hanging a rod in the hooked ends of of these shelf brackets was not adequate to hold about a ton of antique iron. I've had it like this for years but I guess these high temps we've been having softened the metal enough to cause it to let go. Luckily I had two of my favorite and most valuable bikes leaned up against the rack of these less valuable bikes to help brake the fall. 😖 Miraculously there was no major damage other than some tweeked fenders and some scuffs.

Horrendous crashes are never a good thing! Actually looked like a good way to store them.

Back