When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A clever way to quickly add some patina to your entire bike collection.

-
So I'm in the house and I hear this horrendous crash like the sound of thousands of dollars worth of balloon tired bicycles being dropped onto a floor all at once and I ran out to my garage to see what happened and discovered that's exactly what happened. Apparently my clever way of hanging a rod in the hooked ends of of these shelf brackets was not adequate to hold about a ton of antique iron. I've had it like this for years but I guess these high temps we've been having softened the metal enough to cause it to let go. Luckily I had two of my favorite and most valuable bikes leaned up against the rack of these less valuable bikes to help brake the fall. 😖 Miraculously there was no major damage other than some tweeked fenders and some scuffs. View attachment 1667693

View attachment 1667692

View attachment 1667691
Wow! That is truly painful to view.

So I'm in the house and I hear this horrendous crash like the sound of thousands of dollars worth of balloon tired bicycles being dropped onto a floor all at once and I ran out to my garage to see what happened and discovered that's exactly what happened. Apparently my clever way of hanging a rod in the hooked ends of of these shelf brackets was not adequate to hold about a ton of antique iron. I've had it like this for years but I guess these high temps we've been having softened the metal enough to cause it to let go. Luckily I had two of my favorite and most valuable bikes leaned up against the rack of these less valuable bikes to help brake the fall. 😖 Miraculously there was no major damage other than some tweeked fenders and some scuffs. View attachment 1667693

View attachment 1667692

View attachment 1667691
Ohhh! I'm gonna be sick!

I never even posted the most disturbing image from the catastrophe.

I had this gorgeous original paint 3 rib Huffman crows beak bike leaned up against the rack. I had just pulled it down from a safe spot because I was planning to box it up for safe keeping. When I saw the pile of bikes on the floor my 1st thought was "Oh my God!" and then when I saw this bike at the bottom of it and was like...

Somehow it survived Without any damage that I can see?!? Over all I got off pretty easy.

Last edited:
What’s worse hearing it or coming home and hitting the door opener. John menard would have loved to use the first picture for advertising. The neighbor had a drill press tip over on to his mustang convertible that he just got finished ouch those nasty gremlins are everywhere

Back