When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A cog question for the alot smarter than me people.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HEMI426

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Can a skip tooth cog be put on a beach cruiser rim without to much trouble, or would it be easier to change out the chain ring. My oddness makes me want to go the easy route. Any help from the experts is appreciated. Thanks

Ichibike from Iowa may have skip tooth cogs (9, 10, 11 teeth), that fit modern Shimano, KT, or Bendix-style hubs.
Via a website and sometimes on eBay.
[But I don’t profess to be a lot smarter than anybody else].
My easiness makes me want to go the odd route (11-teeth), but might require a longer skip tooth chain. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/ichi-sprockets.161707/

Last edited:
The chain ring is skip tooth, the rim is 1/2 in. I have a ST rim but it dosen't match the front. I thought a cog swap would keep things matching if it was easy to do. Thanks guys for your input into my problem. I may have to rob a set off a girls bike, no big deal to better a boys bike. Is that politicaly correct calling them boys and girls bikes, I don't want to upset anyone.

Back