When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A couple of Schwinn projects, one from the Garden Shed one from the Barn

-

Kirk T

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I was walking for health. A foot problem sent me to the garden Shop to retrieve my late Father's 1963 Schwinn Traveler that he bought new. I hadn't looked at it in years. I thought it would be in much better shape, I remember how well dad took care of it. I think my sons and nephews treated it pretty rough in the early 1990's when they were kids staying at Grandma and Grandpa's after school. I was surprised to find the front fender completely gone and the paint so scared!

It got me interested so I made a trip to the barn on an acreage I bought a years ago to retrieve a bike I remembered being there. it turned out to be a 1966 Schwinn Typhoon. At some point in its past, it was most likely run over with a car. Bent the thunder out of the rear wheel but the frame appears to be ok, so, two projects.
Dads 1963 Schwinn Traveler.jpeg
Schwinn Typhoon 1.JPEG

I was walking for health. A foot problem sent me to the garden Shop to retrieve my late Father's 1963 Schwinn Traveler that he bought new. I hadn't looked at it in years. I thought it would be in much better shape, I remember how well dad took care of it. I think my sons and nephews treated it pretty rough in the early 1990's when they were kids staying at Grandma and Grandpa's after school. I was surprised to find the front fender completely gone and the paint so scared!

It got me interested so I made a trip to the barn on an acreage I bought a years ago to retrieve a bike I remembered being there. it turned out to be a 1966 Schwinn Typhoon. At some point in its past, it was most likely run over with a car. Bent the thunder out of the rear wheel but the frame appears to be ok, so, two projects.
View attachment 1704314View attachment 1704315
Both great bikes, that traveler is sweet, a shame about the fender but it can be had. It is at least good to know it got used. The Typhoon is nice 3 speed also a shame about the wheel. I would be interested in seeing the speedo on the Typhoon, some Schwinn accessories a worth some $ maybe you could sell it and find the fender for the traveler. welcome and good luck

both those bikes are worth the effort to put them back in shape.

start with a soap and water washing and you will see they look much better.

the front fender for the Traveler is easily found on ebay.

you could probably find a complete 3 speed wheel to match the bent one omn the Typhoon cheaper than the cost of a new rim and a respoke.

don't use brillo pads to clean the chrome they will scratch it. I like brass brushes and WD 40. they put some good chrome on these Schwinns.

both of those bikes will clean up real nice.

Back