When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A custom Typhoon

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Next to install was the headset cups, fork, stem, and handlebars.
Cleaned out the powdercoat from the inside of the tube, I used a cordless drill and a small wire wheel.
View attachment 1043519
Bearing cups are in.
View attachment 1043521
I cleaned up the donor Springer fork.
View attachment 1043525
And installed it and the stem and a new mid rise handlebar.
View attachment 1043526
I used an older oem schwinn stem.
View attachment 1043527
Are those exercise bike handle bars? I have three sets of these and have a couple sets on two of my custom builds. Nice build. Razin.

This is a custom build that I did over a winter. It's a blend of old and new and became one of my personal riders. It started with just a bare frame. Then I found a Chinese Schwinn girls donor bike for parts.
View attachment 1043351
I wanted to use the springer fork and the wheels and tires.
View attachment 1043352

View attachment 1043353
On the work stand in my living room to be stripped.
View attachment 1043354
Stanley the cat approved.
View attachment 1043355
Nice donor bike. What did this one set you back? Just curious. Thanks. Razin.

@razinhellcustomz The donor bike was a out $50 if I remember correctly. The 2 speed kick back I traded for with a set of new old stock schwinn pedals. Got a smokin deal on the sandblast and powdercoat job, the guy only charged me $100 total. Only other things i purchased where small items, spokes, a new chain, fenders off Ebay, and decals, seat and grips. So the build was actually done on the cheap and over a period of time. I used the tires off the donor and I had the rear rack.
The bike you are seeing in the background is a friends bike that I am going through for him. I have a thread on it on this forum. It has been determined to be a 1956 cwc amf firestone. Very cool old bike that he wont sell me, lol.

@razinhellcustomz The donor bike was a out $50 if I remember correctly. The 2 speed kick back I traded for with a set of new old stock schwinn pedals. Got a smokin deal on the sandblast and powdercoat job, the guy only charged me $100 total. Only other things i purchased where small items, spokes, a new chain, fenders off Ebay, and decals, seat and grips. So the build was actually done on the cheap and over a period of time. I used the tires off the donor and I had the rear rack.
The bike you are seeing in the background is a friends bike that I am going through for him. I have a thread on it on this forum. It has been determined to be a 1956 cwc amf firestone. Very cool old bike that he wont sell me, lol.
I don't blame him for not wanting to sell it either. I have several Roadmaster bikes in my collection too including a 58 standard o.g. paint bike i built, A 60's Shark bike that i purchased in the spring that is quite rare, Several Skyrider bikes and my favorite is my 1960 jet pilot that is a true survivor bike. Thanks for the details. Ride On. Razin.

Back