When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Father/Son Elgin Racer!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldfart36

Riding One Of My Monark Super Deluxe's
(New Project) It's Refurbishing Time!!
My son Buzz and I built this Elgin, Bent Tube, Long Tank about 8 years ago. It's been hanging in the shop for the last 5 years.
The soda blasted bare metal frame without gun oiling periodically over the years is really showing it"s salt along with some of the parts.
Plans are to go back to the Traditional Front End with the mustache bars, Polish and Matt clear frame and frt. end, and refresh all other parts. Of course the WWII Nose Art Tank will be left as is, just cleaned.

Update! (Project) It's Refurbishing Time!! DONE
"Big Chief Cockeye" 39-40 Elgin, Bent Tube, Long Tank.
Plans were to go back to the Traditional Front End. Polish and Matt clear Bare Metal frame and frt. end, and refresh all other parts. Of course the WWII Nose Art Tank will be left as is, just cleaned up.
Going to go with New Chain (why brake arm is not hooked up until chain adjustments), and detailing the Torrington 8 pedals!

Last edited:
This is an all around cool ride! I especially dig the flat black rims with the red bricks. You're givin' me some ideas for my '53 Monark build.......
Not really flat black. Original paint pre-war drop centers, that I just wiped down, and did work on. in fact some of the original pinstripe shows.

Reactions: ian
Back