When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A guy and his bike

-

MartyW

Finally riding a big boys bike
While cruisin on the boardwalk here in San Diego this guy seen my bike at a Deli where I was eating and said that he had and old bike with a tank on it but he could'nt remember the make and wanted me check it out so I met him back the next day and he rolled up on a Firestone Pilot that he had powder coated but all the original parts where there! When I asked if he wanted to sell it he said no this is the only bike that I have ever owned and I got it brand new at 10 years old:D Man it was cool to know that he was still riding his first and only bike after all these years;)

that is soo cool!!:D
I actually have my first bike. actually it was my brothers and mine. it is a '60s Western Flyer 20" girls bike with a piece of re-bar welded in on the top by my dad because we wouldn't ride a girls bike.:D
I think I would rather have his bike:p

Scott, I actually took a few of my bike books down to help him ID it then I instantly recognized what it was. It looks like the one that you posted pictures of here. He could'nt reach the pedals so he rode it with wood blocks on his pedals. The guy even said that he remembers getting the bike new in 1946 but it was a pre war I wonder if it could of set in a store or a wherehouse thru the war??

after the war they built bikes out of whatever they could get their hands on because there was still rationing of certain things like steel. lots of early postwar bikes were made up of leftover stuff. and you're right I have a bunch of Firestones and the one is a pilot. I love these bikes.

Back